Level 1 Fire Safety Awareness (classroom)
This qualification provides knowledge related to fire safety in the workplace, including the need for safe evacuation.
1. Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace.
- List the elements of the fire triangle
- Outline methods of smoke and fire spread
- Give examples of how the risk of fire can be lowered in a workplace
2. Know how to use a range of fire controls.
- List common fire controls in a workplace
- Explain how to use a range of fire controls including:
• Fire Exits
• Fire Doors
- Explain the importance of clear routes or travel
- Describe how to use a range of portable fire extinguishers
3. Understand the importance of a prompt and safe evacuation of the workplace.
- Outline the actions to be taken on hearing a fire alarm
- Outline how a safe evacuation can be undertaken in a workplace
- Outline how members of the public and visitors should be alerted to the presence of a potential fire
Please note this course does not include any practical use of fire extinguishers.
Available on back-order
Who is this suitable for?
This qualification provides the knowledge and understanding of fire safety required for employees in low to medium risk workplaces.
Which candidates can attend?
Candidates should be over 14 years of age and possess at least Level 1 Numeracy and Literacy, or the equivalent.
When and where does the course take place?
This is a half day course (9am to 1pm) held at our venue at Greatworth Hall between Banbury and Brackley.