Paediatric First Aid (Mon 6th- Tue 7th Dec 2021 – Greatworth Hall, Near Brackley)
On: Monday 6th – Tuesday 7th December 2021 (9am to 4.30pm)
Near Brackley (Greatworth Hall, Banbury, OX17 2DH)
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- who is choking
- with external bleeding
- who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant and a child
- with a suspected fracture
- with head, neck or back injury
- with an acute medical condition or sudden illness
- who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat & cold
- who has sustained an electric shock
- with burns or scalds
- who has been poisoned
- with anaphylaxis
Who is this suitable for?
This qualification is aimed at those working in an Early Years setting who require a paediatric first aid qualification to meet the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and is seen as the most common qualification for Early Years practitioners.
Which candidates can attend?
Candidates should be over 16 years of age and possess at least Level 1 Numeracy and Literacy, or the equivalent.
When and where does the course take place?
This 12 hour course is typically delivered over two days. Training can take place at your workplace on a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can go ahead and book on one of our open courses which are perfectly suited to individuals wanting to take part in this training.