First Aid at Work (Wed 23rd – Fri 25th Mar 2022 – Greatworth Hall, Near Brackley)
On: Wednesday 23rd – Friday 25th Mar 2022 (9am to 4.30pm)
Near Brackley (Greatworth Hall, Banbury, OX17 2DH)
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to
- an unresponsive casualty
- a casualty who is choking
- a casualty with external bleeding
- a casualty who is in shock
- a casualty with minor injuries
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with
- suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- suspected chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- an eye injury
- sudden poisoning
- suspected major illness
12 places available
Who is this suitable for?
This qualification is for those undertaking the role of a first aider in the workplace and has been developed in conjunction with Awarding Organisations. It enables employers to meet their requirements under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. (NI 1982)
Which candidates can attend?
Candidates should be over 16 years of age and possess at least Level 1 Numeracy and Literacy, or the equivalent. Should those under 16 complete this qualification, employers should not rely on them to be the sole provider of first aid.
When and where does the course take place?
This 18 hour course is usually delivered over three days. Training can take place at your workplace on a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can go ahead and book on one of our open courses which are perfectly suited to individuals looking to take part in this training.