Fire Safety for Marshals (5th April 2019 – The Stables, Greatworth Hall, Near Brackley)
On: Friday 5th April 2019, 9am t0 4pm
Near Brackley (The Stables, Greatworth Hall, Banbury, OX17 2DH)
This is a qualification that indicates an individual can undertake a specific role in the workplace and that may be relied upon by employers.
1. Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace.
- List the elements of the fire triangle
- Outline methods of smoke and fire spread
- Give examples of how the risk of fire can be lowered in a workplace
2. Know how to use a range of fire controls.
- List common fire controls in a workplace
- Explain how to use a range of fire controls including:
• Fire Exits
• Fire Doors
- Explain the importance of clear routes or travel
- Describe how to use a range of portable fire extinguishers
3. Understand the importance of a prompt and safe evacuation of the workplace.
- Outline the actions to be taken on hearing a fire alarm
- Outline how a safe evacuation can be undertaken in a workplace
- Outline how members of the public and visitors should be alerted to the presence of a potential fire
4. Know how to support individuals during an evacuation
- Outline what is meant by the term personal emergency evacuation plan
- Explain when a personal emergency evacuation plan would be implemented
- List ways of supporting an individual during an evacuation
5. Understand the roles of the fire marshal in the workplace
- Explain the actions to be taken by a fire marshal during an evacuation
- Outline how to undertake a search of a workplace
- Outline the information that should be passed to the emergency services
- Outline the day-to-day duties of a fire marshal
PLEASE NOTE: This course does not include any practical use of fire extinguishers
12 places available
Who is this suitable for?
This qualification provides the knowledge and understanding required for those acting as fire marshals in the workplace.
Which candidates can attend?
Candidates should be over 14 years of age and possess at least Level 1 Numeracy and Literacy, or the equivalent.
When and where does the course take place?
This is a full day course (9am to 4pm) held at our venue at Greatworth Hall between Banbury and Brackley.