Emergency Paediatric First Aid (3rd October 2018 – Brackley, Northamptonshire)
On: Wednesday 3rd October 2018
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- who is choking
- with external bleeding
- who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
11 places available
Who is this suitable for?
This qualification is aimed at those working in an Early Years setting who require a first aid qualification for emergency paediatric first aid. Whilst the course meets the requirements for those working in an Early Years setting, the organisation should ensure that they also have suitable numbers of staff with a ‘2 day’ qualification, such as the QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First aid (RQF).
Which candidates can attend?
Candidates should be over 16 years of age and possess at least Level 1 Numeracy and Literacy, or the equivalent.
When and where does the course take place?
This 6 hour course is typically delivered in a single day. Training can take place at your workplace on a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can go ahead and book on one of our open courses which are perfectly suited to individuals wanting to take part in this training.